Here you can find some helpful information about Prestashop installation and first steps after that.
You can find Alysum updates in your themeforest account. You can follow us on twitter. We always tweet about updates and releases https://twitter.com/Mnishek
The best way to update from alysum 2.x to 3.0 is:
1. If Prestashop is still 1.5.x update it to 1.6.
2. Make backup of your shop.
3. Go to the modules section in your back office and uninstall following modules:
5. Go to “modules” section, find “Import/export a theme” module and click to “configure” link
6. Choose “alysum-v.3.0.zip” archive and install it.
7. Upload “modules” folder from archive to the root of your prestashop.
If home page is blank page: Enable Error Reporting for Debug Information and check what the errors writes on the site page.
Create the ticket in our Issue tracker and we will try to help you. If you see some small bugs create the support ticket as well
1) Disable all the cache. Advanced Parameters > Performance >
Template cache: Force compilation Cache: Disabled CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache):
2) Backup your site before updating (it's very important, if the update goes wrong you can always go back to the previous version).
3) Module “Import/export a theme (Theme Installer)” > “Import from your computer Archive File” there choose the Alysum_update_xx.zip and follow the module steps.
4) After that you should copy all the update content manually (manual update).
Copy the content of the archive Alysum_update_xx.zip (folders “themes” and “modules”) to the site folder with the Prestashop platform.
Here is video tutorial “How manually update the Alysum theme” http://screencast.com/t/8fqEFkT1V6Li
5) If after the update some modules doesn't work you might need to reinstall (Uninstall and then Install button) the “Theme Settings” module and the module that won't work.
- If after theme update you see blank page of the front office please check that Alysum theme enabled Back-office>Preferences>Themes
- If after theme or Prestashop update you see a blank page please enable debug mode and copy to us error messages
1) Backup the site folder.
2) Update the theme (with the instruction above).
3) Copy your modifications to updated files. For example if you have all modifications in the end of the alysum.css just copy them to the end of the updated alysum.css